FUMC Seeking Child Care Provider
First United Methodist Church is looking for a reliable and experienced person to care for children (birth through 4 years) on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and special occasions. We are seeking someone who is a committed Christian and understands childcare as a ministry. This person will work closely with the Minister of Next Generation and church nursery volunteers.
- Provide age-appropriate care (feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, holding, sitting with and on the floor, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, Bible stories, crafts, and play).
- Work holidays that fall on Sunday and additional hours during busy times, such as Christmas Eve and Lent.
- Abide by FUMC's Safe Sanctuary Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Attend a bi-annual evaluation for the first year of employment and annually every year thereafter.
- Experience in the care of children 0-4 years of age with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- Must submit to and pass background screenings.
- Must be able to hold and lift babies and small children, as well as, sit on the floor.
- Must have current CPR training/certification for infants and children or a willingness to attend said training.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com